09 Dec #258 – Getting Started #9: Everyone Can Train, Even “Special” Populations with Darin Deaton, DPT
Matt and Scott are joined by Darin Deaton, Doctor of Physical Therapy and Starting Strength Coach at Fort Worth Strength, to discuss special populations including Masters (over 40) lifters, post-injury trainees, and people with other medical issues. Darin has 30 years of experience in the clinic and the gym, and has found that barbells are the most effective tool for making all populations stronger, healthier, and more useful human beings.
You can find Darin at his gym Fort Worth Strength & Conditioning, in his clinic Riata Therapy Specialists, or occasionally posting about his ranch on Instagram @drdeaton. Darin also hosts a podcast about training, fitness, and health with Producer Trent called 40fit Radio.
- Want to try online coaching for FREE? Email email@example.com for a free trial of Barbell Logic Online Coaching. You’ll get feedback on your technique and programming from a Barbell Logic coach, and see what the fuss is all about!
- Regain control of your email inbox with Sanebox. Listeners can try Sanebox for FREE with a 14-day trial!
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook