19 Sep #233 – Programming the Post-Novice: Why Weight on the Bar Matters with Andy Baker (Rebroadcast)
Today we revisit the most downloaded show in Barbell Logic history thus far, episode #71 with Andy Baker (also Andy’s first appearance on the show). Andy is a master strength coach and full of insight into programming theory as well as practical solutions to the issues lifters face in their day-to-day training.
In this episode, Andy debunks the idea of a “perfect program,” and outlines practical ways to set yourself up for success on any program you try. He also discusses the importance of intensity in post-novice programming specifically, and why the weight on the bar is still a key driver of strength gains even after the lifter starts cycling volume and intensity in the intermediate phases of training.
Have a question about training? Send a question to Matt and Scott! Email us at email@example.com and we’ll answer your question on an upcoming Saturday Q&A!
- Whip your email inbox into shape with Sanebox! Sign up for a free 14 day trial AND save $25 off if you decide to keep the subscription. Visit https://www.sanebox.com/logic for details.
- Save $10 off any belt purchase from Dominion Strength Training with the discount code LOGIC.
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook