01 Jul #199 – Fighting Solves Everything: Professor Paul’s Battle Against Cancer
In August 2018 Paul and Jarrad Markel of Student of the Gun joined us to talk about their experience strength training and how it made them more resilient, acute marksmen (Episode #97 – Fighting STRONG with Student of the Gun). A few months ago, Matt received news that “Professor Paul” had been diagnosed with cancer in his neck. Today Paul returns to the podcast to discuss his mindset that “fighting solves everything” and how the strength he has built under the bar is helping him battle cancer.
Paul has had to uproot his household and move to Salt Lake City for treatment. His son Jarrad has created a GoFundMe to help with the financial burden. If you’d like to donate to Professor Paul, or just send him a motivational message, visit his GoFundMe page.
We wish Paul a swift recovery, and we plan to catch up with him in a month or so to hear how his recovery is going and how he has managed his training through the process.
- Get club coaching from the skilled interns at Barbell Logic Online Coaching — just $79 for your first month! Use the discount code TEAMCLUB at checkout. Limited to 30 spots so sign up now!
- Use discount code LOGIC to save 10% off microplates, dumbbell microplates, and more at Microgainz
- Use discount code LOGIC to save $10 off belts and more at Dominion Strength
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook