10 Jan #139 – Masters of Their Fate: Sully and the Lifters of Greysteel
Dr. Sully returns to the show to share stories from Greysteel Strength & Conditioning, his unique barbell gym catered specifically to trainees in their 50’s, 60’s, and well beyond. The folks at Greysteel have been through a lot — cancer, Parkinson’s, psoriatic arthritis — but that doesn’t stop them from getting stronger, healthier, and mentally tougher under the barbell. Sully and his trainees have also built a tight knit community, bound together by hard work, encouragement, a healthy dose of competition, and a common goal of strength and self-vitality.
At Greysteel there are no excuses, only reps and results. Of course, training Masters’ athletes requires some clever workarounds for preexisting injuries and joint pathologies, as well as a keen eye for judging exertion and stress on a workout-by-workout basis. Sully has cultivated all of these skills, which are captured in his book The Barbell Prescription (co-authored by another master coach, Andy Baker).
The start of a new year prompts many to look into the mirror, make resolutions, set goals, and turn a hopeful eye toward the future. If you are looking for motivation for change, look no further than Greysteel and it’s brave, hard-working members.
- UNTIL JAN 15th, 2019 ONLY – Get your first month of SSOC online coaching for just $49! Or get online coaching AND nutrition for only $79 for the first month. No discount code required.
- Use the discount code LOGIC to save 10% off any order of Iron Joe.
- Save 5% off any order at Dominion Belts with the discount code fahveoff.
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Starting Strength Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook