02 Mar #282 – M.E.D. Masterclass #8: Accessory Lifts and Q&A
Coach Matt wraps up the eight and final installment of the MED (Minimum Effective Dose) Masterclass on programming with a discussion on incorporating accessory lifts into any program.
In general, accessories allow a lifter to get extra volume, extra “work,” which can drive hypertrophy gains and thus support strength gains in the long term. However, unlike the main barbell lifts and supplemental lifts, accessories cannot be done at high intensities, so they are best chosen when the lifter needs more volume and hypertrophy without stressing their joints and connective tissue. Accessories are rarely, if ever, mandatory for a lifter, but they are useful when controlling the amount of stress on these other non-muscle tissues is important.
- Save 50% off Standard or Premium coaching at Barbell Logic Online Coaching. Use discount code SAVE50 at checkout!
- Want to try online coaching for FREE? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free trial of Barbell Logic Online Coaching. You’ll get feedback on your technique and programming from a Barbell Logic coach, and see what the fuss is all about!
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook