01 Aug #212 – Critical Thinking in the “I’ve Heard…” Culture
Matt and Scott discuss the thinking — or lack thereof — behind the many questions they receive each week asking them their opinion on someone else’s line of thinking: “I’ve heard that…” or “So and so says…” While theses low-effort questions seem innocuous, they reveal a lack of critical thinking, which the Barbell Logic podcast has a mission to dispel. After all, “logic” is in the name, and the foundation of this show is a systematic analysis of strength training and life.
Scott references the Art of Manliness show #527: Father Wounds, Spirituality, and the Journey to the Second Half of Life, featuring Father Richard Rohr. Check it out!
Have a (thoughtful) question about training? Send a question to Matt and Scott! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer your question on an upcoming Saturday Q&A!
- Use discount code LOGIC to save 10% off microplates, dumbbell microplates, and more at Microgainz.
- Use discount code LOGIC to save $10 off belts and more at Dominion Strength.
- Save $79 off your first month of coaching at Barbell Logic Online Coaching with the discount code LOGIC.
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook