11 Jul #203 – The Red Flags of Dating with Dr. David Puder
Today Matt and Scott welcome back Dr. David Puder, psychiatrist and host of the Psychiatry & Psychotherapy Podcast, to discuss one of Hambrick’s rules — don’t date someone you wouldn’t marry. Dr. Puder shares some of his “red flags” of dating and offers some practical tips for evaluating potential mates for those currently navigating the dating market.
Some of Dr. Puder’s red flags include:
- When I think about this person, do I already want to change them?
- Would I want to have my future children with this person? Or, alternatively, would I want this person to babysit my children?
- Could I see this person being a good father or mother?
- Am I feeling a pull to rescue them in some way?
- Am I focusing only on the positive things about them (maybe 1 positive thing) and ignoring their faults?
- Does this person try to control everything about them, including me?
- Does this person react to obstacles with anger, rage, blame, or shaming others?
- Does this person blame others for their mistakes, where they are in life, or the problems they face?
- Does this person make impulsive decisions with their money or other choices?
- Does this person shut down, disengage, stonewall, or emotionally distance themselves during arguments?
- Does this person still have emotional energy tied to past relationships? Positive or negative lingering feelings.
Do YOU have a burning question about dating and marriage? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll answer it on a follow-up episode with Dr. Puder.
- Online Great Books is opening enrollment on July 8th. Spots are limited, so visit https://onlinegreatbooks.com/barbell-logic/ to sign up for the VIP waiting list. When enrollment opens, if you sign up through this link you will save 25% off!
- Save 50% off your first month of online coaching at Barbell Logic Online Coaching using the code TEAMBLOC
- Use discount code LOGIC to save 10% off microplates, dumbbell microplates, and more at Microgainz.
- Use discount code LOGIC to save $10 off belts and more at Dominion Strength.
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook