24 Jun #196 – The Secret to a Bigger Bench? Leg Drive
Coaches often note that the bench press is one of the easiest lifts to teach, probably because most people have done a bench press if they’ve ever set foot in a gym. After teaching the proper arch position, and identifying the correct grip, the execution of the bench press mostly takes care of itself. Yet there is one key to big benches that eludes many lifters — the all-important leg drive. On today’s show Coach Matt and Scott discuss the importance of leg drive and how to maximize it during the movement.
Check out the Barbell Logic YouTube channel to see staff coaches Niki Sims and Andrew Jackson demonstrate proper leg drive in the bench press.
Got a question for Matt and Scott? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll answer your question on an upcoming Saturday Q&A!
- Get club coaching from the skilled interns at Barbell Logic Online Coaching — just $79 for your first month! Use the discount code TEAMCLUB at checkout. Limited to 30 spots so sign up now!
- Use discount code LOGIC to save 10% off microplates, dumbbell microplates, and more at Microgainz
- Use discount code LOGIC to save $10 off belts and more at Dominion Strength
Connect With Matt
- Matt on Instagram
- Barbell Logic Online Coaching — Matt’s website
- Matt on Facebook
- Matt on Twitter
Connect With Scott
- Scott on Instagram
- Silver Strength – Scott’s website
- Scott on Facebook
- Scott on Twitter
Connect With the Show
- Barbell Logic on Twitter
- Barbell Logic on Instagram
- The Website
- Barbell Logic on Facebook